Memorial's web template
Launched in early 2017, the latest web template is contemporary in style and functional across all mobile devices and browsers.
Besides a mobile-first design, this template follows current web best practices and includes:
- intuitive navigation—new masthead with easy access to the highest traffic sites from the main page
- improved search handling and results—user experience research shows more than 50 per cent of users search first rather than look for a link, 30 per cent look for a link first then search and 20 per cent do both equally
- improved presentation of text, images, videos and graphics
- adherence to international web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- better reflection of the multi-campus nature of Memorial
- consistent branding across over 400 university subsites
- easy-to-use widgets to help users customize content
Since being launched, a number of improvements have been made to this template and will continue to be implemented based on user feedback.
To move or create a new website on mun.ca using this template, please submit a request for services.