Embedded videos add dynamic storytelling to your site.
NOTE: In order to embed a video on your site, the video must be hosted on YouTube. If your unit does not have a channel, you may be able to post your video on Memorial's general channel. Contact us for more information.
To add a video:
- Place your cursor where you would like to place the video.
- Click the YouTube icon
- In a separate browser or browser tab, go to YouTube and find the video you want to embed. Click on the share button under the video, then select and copy the letters and numbers highlighted in blue as shown in the example below. Use command + C on a Mac and Ctrl + C on a Windows PC.
- Paste those letter and numbers into the YouTube window in Site Builder as shown below and click "OK".
- A box with a red and white button will appear in the editor to indicate the placement of the video.
- Save changes.
Now view the page and you can watch the video. When you successfully embed a video onto your site, it will appear like this:
- Videos will not play on draft sites until they are published.