Employment Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee
The Employment Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee (EEDAC), was established by Memorial University’s Vice-Presidents Council (VPC) in 2016 to provide advice on matters relating to diversity, equity and inclusion in employment. In this area, the committee recommends appropriate strategies and shares best practices for removing employment barriers.
EEDAC guided the development of the Employment Equity and Diversity Plan: 2019-2021. This plan was submitted to VPC in fall 2018 and approved. Going forward, EEDAC will review annual status reports with respect to progress of the Employment Equity and Diversity Plan and provide appropriate advice.
The committee has been established with the following membership:
- Roxanne Millan, Office of the Provost (co-chair)
- Dr. Amy Warren, School of Graduate Studies (co-chair)
- Stephen Dodge, Human Resources
- Ian McKinnon, Faculty Relations
- Kim Blanchard, Human Resources
- Tina Hickey, Human Resources
- Jennifer Howell, Marine Institute
- Catharyn Andersen, Special Advisor to the President on Aboriginal Affairs
- Taylor Stocks, Harris Centre
- Adedoyin Odukoya, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Dr. Raymond Thomas, Grenfell Campus
- Kelly-Anne Butler, Grenfell Campus
Terms of Reference
The committee’s Terms of Reference are available here.