Employment Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee
The Employment Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee (EEDAC), was established by Memorial University’s Vice-Presidents Council (VPC) in 2016 to provide advice on matters relating to diversity, equity and inclusion in employment. In this area, the committee recommends appropriate strategies and shares best practices for removing employment barriers.
In 2017-2018, EEDAC will guide the development of the university’s Employment Equity and Diversity Plan which will be submitted to VPC for approval in fall 2018. Once the plan is approved, EEDAC will review annual status reports with respect to progress of the Employment Equity and Diversity Plan and provide appropriate advice.
The EEDAC is seeking feedback from employees on the draft action items and categories. This will help guide the development of the Plan. Feedback can be submitted to email@example.com
Anonymous feedback can be submitted in confidence, via internal mail, to the Employment Equity Officer, Department of Human Resources.
The committee has been established with the following membership:
- Stephen Dodge, Human Resources (co-chair)
- Ian McKinnon, Faculty Relations (co-chair)
- Robert Barker, Human Resources
- Tina Hickey, Human Resources
- Bernard Doyle, Facilities Management
- Jennifer Howell, Marine Institute
- Catharyn Andersen, Special Advisor to the President on Aboriginal Affairs
- Taylor Stocks, Harris Centre
- Adedoyin Odukoya, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Caroline Koenig, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Keir McIsaac, Office of Student Recruitment
- Dr. Raymond Thomas, Environmental Science, Grenfell Campus
Terms of Reference
The committee’s Terms of Reference are available here.