Welcome to our Safety Moments page. Here you'll find resources to share with your departments about safety on campus and at home.
If you're looking for Safety Moments to bring to your monthly departmental meeting or to post in the staff room, you'll find our calendar here that lists Safety Moments by themes.
If you'd just like to choose your own Safety Moment, below is a list of what's available.
January - cold weather
February - heart health
March - workplace health
- Breathe easy
- Physical activity guidelines
- Physical activity is good for you
- Do you know what the symbols mean?
April - Emergency management and National Day of Mourning
- Emergency preparedness week
- Do you have your 72hr emergency kit?
- National day of mourning
- How will you prevent a death at work?
May - NAOSH week and risk
- NAOSH Week
- Can you eliminate the hazard?
- Hunt for hazards
- Your OHS Committee is here for you
- Control your vehicle
June - Construction safety
July - Summer safety
August - Personal protective equipment
September - Workplace violence and mental health
October - Fire prevention
- Smoke alarm response time
- Fire prevention tips (electrical)
- Fire safety tips for the workplace
- Hear the beep where you sleep
- Liquids can cause fire
November - Communicable disease
December - Ergonomics