So, you've got an idea for a project that could use some help from Memorial, now what?
The Harris Centre can help in a number of ways...
The first step is to enter your idea into Yaffle, Memorial's online connecting tool.
- First, you need to set up an account. It's pretty basic stuff- name, contact information, etc. Click here to create your account.
- Enter your email address (this will be your user I.D.) and choose a password. Once it's accepted, confirm your account by following the instructions given in the email sent to the address you provided. Be sure to check your junk mail, just in case.
- Once you confirm, you will be redirected to the login page. Log in to get to Yaffle. If you have trouble logging in, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next, click on "Suggest a research idea".
- Choose "add an opportunity", and fill in the information about your idea. Try to fill in as many fields as possible, but if you're having trouble, feel free to give Amy Tucker a call at 864-6115. You can also email her at email@example.com.
- Once your idea, or "opportunity" as it's known in Yaffle, is received , the Harris Centre brokering team will share your idea with relevant students, faculty and staff from Memorial. If they find someone who is interested in working on your project, the brokering team will connect you with that person.
The Harris Centre also offers funding for applied research in a number of different thematic areas. The primary applicant for our funds must be Memorial-based, but if your project is relevant to one of our funds, we may be able to help you find a Memorial partner.
- Take a look at our list of funding opportunities here, and check to see whether any of them could apply to your project.
- If you think that your project is relevant to one of our funds, please contact Amy Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-6115.