Professional Development Information
Writing Successful Proposals
Learn the steps in proposal writing and understand the skills you need to create an effective pitch that best represents your winning project for any professional discipline.
Writing Successful Proposals guides participants through the process of building your case and selling your idea. A proposal is often an organizations first impression to a prospective client or funder. Whether you are responding to an RFP, applying for a grant, or submitting a proposal for your product or service, being able to prepare a solid proposal helps you stand out from the competition and increases your chance of success.
This practical, how-to seminar develops your ability to identify and employ the best-practices of proposal writing. On day one, you will learn the concepts and procedures to write a detailed proposal and on day two, you will put theory into practice by crafting and assessing a business proposal.
- Researching the background for and the topic of a proposal
- Information gathering for details required in a proposal
- Planning the content of a proposal
- Structure for maximum impact and influence
- Writing persuasively for your audience
- Calculating appropriate budgets and presenting numbers
- Editing and evaluating content for correctness, conciseness, and customer focus
- Common mistakes and best practices
Participants leave the workshop with tips, tools and techniques for creating winning proposals.
-"This seminar helped me break down a daunting process into smaller, more managable pieces. Lessons learned will be easy to incorporate into my proposal writing going forward."
-"Martha was a fantastic instructor- very informative, organized, and knowledgable on the subject. I would recommend this training to others."
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14
- Understand what should be included in a professional proposal
- Enhance your ability to write a more compelling proposal
- Learn how to produce polished proposals for a better chance to win the bid
- Learn best practices in proposal development and presentation
- Improve your employees ability and confidence to contribute to organizational growth and success
- Introduce techniques to enhance business proposals and generate wins
Who Should Attend
Business owners, managers, sales professionals and non-profit employees who are responding to RFPs, applying for grants, or submitting sales proposals and want to stand out from the competition.