Professional Development Information
Understanding Financial Statements
Inquire below for future program dates.
Learn the fundamentals of financial statements and how you can use this information to confidently make financial decisions.
Without a background in accounting, reading, interpreting and analyzing accounting information can feel like learning a new language. Gaining an understanding of financial statements and what the numbers really mean will give you the accounting savvy you need to be able to speak and interpret the language.
Understanding Financial Statements guides participants through the objectives and limitations of financial statements and teaches the basics of accrual accounting and cash flows.
No previous knowledge of accounting is necessary to attend this course.
- Interpreting the three general-purpose financial statements: balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows
- Using financial accounting information to make more informed decisions
- Identifying the objectives and limitations of financial accounting and general financial statements
- Gaining knowledge of accrual accounting and cash flows
- Discussing financial statements more effectively and confidently
Past Participants said:
"Even though I work regularly with financial statements, this course showed me how to extract even more useful information from them."
"Would recommend to anyone wishing to learn more about reading and interpreting financial statements."
"This was a great course, great instructor & super learning environment" - Janelle Kenway, NL Hydro
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14