Think On Your Feet
Inquire below for future program dates.
***This course is accredited by IABC***
Over 95% of communication is informal. Think on Your Feet® is the only workshop that addresses these informal situations, providing the skills you need to present, defend, and discuss a position persuasively and fast.
From off-the-cuff discussions, elevator speeches and Q&A sessions to meetings, status updates and conference calls, Think on Your Feet® provides you with the best communication strategies to deliver persuasive messages with clarity and impact. This two day course is filled with practice, coaching and feedback that will enable participants to master the ability to organize and present their ideas quickly.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Use the best communication strategy for any situation.
- Structure a topic into bite-sized chunks for easy retention.
- Present ideas clearly, concisely and memorably.
- Techniques to communicate and respond with confidence
- Know how to organize your thoughts to communicate more effectively
- Techniques for building succinct, structured responses
- Techniques to approach difficult questions
- Strategies that increase efficiency in preparing presentations and other business communications
Think on Your Feet® is an internationally acclaimed course from education provider McLuhan & Davies. McLuhan & Davies is a Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Registered Service Provider. This course qualifies for Personal Development Units (PDUs) towards your PMP and Gold Seal certifications.
Build your public speaking and presentation skills through professional development in:
- Structuring ideas persuasively
- Supporting ideas with memorable examples
- Targeting listeners’ concerns
- Simplifying complex information
- Avoiding information overload
- Getting to the point and being remembered
- Handling objections
- Answering questions quickly and coherently
- Dealing with hostile situations and emotional issues
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 14
This course qualifies as credits toward the International Association of Business Communicators' (IABC) professional certifications.
When applying to sit for either the exam for Communications Management Professional (CMP)® or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP)® or to apply for recertification, Gardiner Centre courses can be an integral part of your application package.
To learn more about this global standard certification, visit: gcccouncil.org. To inquire about sitting for a certification exam, contact the local IABC NL chapter at email@example.com, or visit: iabcnl.com.
Past participants said:
"I had no idea that having a process would so drastically reduce the stress of being put on the spot! Excellent training." - Deidre Puddister, Pennecon Limited.
"Wonderful course! I learned so much and look forward to using these new acquired skills" - Katie Burt, Canadian Institute for Health Information
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are involved in public speaking and delivering presentations. Previous communication experience or training, such as in presentations or public speaking, is an asset to the training experience.