Professional Development Information
The Role of the Supervisor
Learn skills and tools to make you a better supervisor to your employees and a contributor to overall organizational effectiveness.
Role of the Supervisor helps participants understand the important role of the supervisor in an organization. It teaches skills and delivers practical tools to improve competency and bring immediate benefit to the participant and organization.
- Define your role as supervisor
- Understand how others view the role of supervisor in an organization
- Learn the value of communication and positive feedback
- Become a proactive, effective supervisor
- Understand what your organization expects of you
- Encourage growth and development in the supervisory team
- Introduce supervisory strategies to support employee morale
- Foster change and improvement in the organization
- Encourage accountability among supervisory team
Who Should Attend
Supervisors and people new to supervision who want to enhance their understanding of their role and responsibilities in the organization and who want to enhance their supervisory management competencies.
Enhance your competency as a supervisor through professional development in:
- Understanding your areas of responsibility
- Learning to delegate
- Developing your communication style
- Managing problems as they arise
- Using meetings effectively
- Becoming the voice of management
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7