Professional Development Information
Managing Your Workload
Learn how to ease your workload by organizing and executing your priorities while managing other influences that impact your time and ability to get things done.
Managing Your Workload teaches strategies and tools which can be used in the workplace to guide priority planning and workload balance. Participants learn practical skills to make the most of their day and achieve their goals.
Facilitated discussions, individual reflection, and interactive group activities will lead to a clear realization of the gaps between how it is and how it ought to be. Participants will be challenged to finish the day with a validation of their skill sets and/or a commitment to making changes that will provide more effective results.
- Develop an understanding of the difference between efficient time management and effective time management.
- Develop strategies to effectively organize work priorities.
- Develop goals to make the most of your time.
- Create the template for a Time Audit to identify inefficiencies and ineffectiveness in your day.
- Improve personal efficiency.
- Develop an understanding of the human biological factors that aid or hinder your effective and efficient use of time.
This is a core module in the Public Sector Leadership and Management Development Program.
"Exceptional content and skillfully communicated. It was a very enjoyable day of learning."
"This has been an amazing training experience. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable and the Gardiner Centre itself is a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing environment I am looking forward to completing the program (Supervisory Management Skills Program) in June "
- Max Jacobs, Consumer Health Awareness NL
"Dianne was an energetic and enthusiastic instructor. She made here seminar informative and fun."
- Christina Orton, Labrador Friendship Centre
Who Should Attend
All professionals who want to regain control of their workday and accomplish more with their time.