Professional Development Information
Management of Ethics and Values for Organizations
Learn how to manage issues related to governance and ethics in your organization by understanding topics including conflicts of interest, codes of conduct, and regulatory compliance.
This seminar will teach how to develop a process to manage conflicts of interests, codes of conduct and regulatory compliance issues. You will gain a better understanding of how ethics and values must interact with existing business processes not just on a day-to-day basis but as an important part of your long term, strategic goals.
Management of Ethics and Values is a seminar in the Functional Responsibilities of the Supervisor module of the Supervisory Skills Management Program (SMSP).
Management of Ethics and Values is available as an equivalent credit for the Ethics and Values Module in the Public Sector Leadership and Management Development Program (PSLMDP).
- Understand the implications of ethics and values for all stakeholders
- Learn your role in the management of ethics and values
- Understand the different types of ethics from personal to legal
- Learn to understand and manage conflicts of interest
- Understand ethical decision making
- Learn the role of codes of conduct
- Create an organizational culture of ethical integrity
- Integrate ethics and values in overall organizational strategy
- Foster trust among stakeholders
- Introduce a framework for ethical decision making
- Establish sound codes of conduct for your organization
Who Should Attend
This seminar is aimed at managers and leaders in both the private and public sector who want to develop or improve their management of ethical issues.
Enhance your ability to manage ethics and values in your organization through professional development in:
- Identifying internal processes to help you manage issues of ethics, compliance and codes of conduct
- Developing an Ethical Management Process in your organization
- How to integrate ethics into the management practices of your organization
- Establishing a culture of good business ethics and values
- Fostering trust among your organizations stakeholders
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 7