Professional Development Information
Lean Operational Excellence for Service Organizations
Learn how to build a Lean organization, drive out waste, streamline process flow and build a culture of continuous improvement.
Offered in partnership with York University, Schulich Executive Education Centre, Lean Operational Excellence for Service Organizations is a specialized course, on applying Lean principles, tools and techniques to identify and remove any non-value-added activities in your everyday service processes.
In this 3-day course participants will learn how to employ Lean tools and techniques to reduce costs and service delivery times, and drive customer satisfaction and profitability. Participants will discover how to leverage powerful Lean problem-solving tools to manage projects more successfully, drive greater value or enhance continuous improvement initiatives. This course can be very advantageous to organizations that have already deployed Six Sigma strategies, but want to incorporate Lean tools, concepts and techniques to drive even greater value and success with a blended Lean Six Sigma strategy.
Participants Will Learn:
- What is Lean its measurable benefits and how it can be applied to service and transactional operations
- How to effectively lead "kaizen" Lean projects or events in your organization
- How to effectively construct and use value stream maps
- How to identify and reduce or banish waste in processes
- Typical implementation structure, roles, steps and approaches
- Learn how Lean principles, tools and techniques can be applied to service processes to dramatically improve customer satisfaction
- Learn how to lead Lean events and establish a sustainable Lean culture the keys to Lean success
- Use case studies, lectures, group discussions and workshops to master the Lean approach for services
Who Should Attend
Lean Operational Excellence for Service Organizations is being successfully employed by leaders in all service industries; from financial, hospitality and high-tech to healthcare and government services. This course will be of most benefit to VPs, directors, managers and employees in service organizations.
This course can also be advantageous to organizations that have already deployed Six Sigma strategies, but want to incorporate Lean tools, concepts and techniques to drive even greater value and success with a blended Lean Six Sigma strategy.
For decades, lean concepts and tools have been applied extensively in manufacturing operations with very impressive results. Recently, service sector organizations, which account for over 80% of North America's GDP, are realizing the benefits of this huge opportunity to drive service efficiencies and banish waste.
Day 1: Getting Started on the Lean Journey
- Key Concepts of Quality, Process Improvement and Core Concepts of Lean Thinking
- Quality tools that help organizations build a culture of excellence
- The evolution of Lean thinking
- How service organizations are using Lean to improve their customer's experience, financial performance and competitive advantage
- Introduction to Lean principles, tools and techniques
- How to identify value and waste
Applying Lean to a transactional process
Start defining your business from a Lean perspective
Day 2: Building Lean Processes
- Methodology and Tools to Apply Lean in Your Organization
- Learn how to build value stream maps, Identify waste
- Why and how single piece flow will transform your business
- Integrating customer demand into your processes
- The need and techniques for building an environment of excellence
Applying lean to an end to end process
Start seeing your business differently
Day 3: Deploying Lean in an Enterprise
- Building and Sustaining a Lean Service Strategy
- Building future state visions and maps for your processes and organizations
- Strategies for deploying Lean at an enterprise level
- Organizing and leading kaizen events
- Managing the culture change that enables Lean
Building a future mode of operation for a service process
Build a plan for your own organization
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 21