Certificate Program Info
Masters Certificate in Project Management
Over 12,000 leaders have chosen the Masters Certificate in Project Management
Learn how to better manage your projects from initiation to close and become a more qualified, capable and well-trained project manager.
Project Management skills are a core competency in most organizations at all levels. Understanding how all phases of the project lifecycle fit together benefits projects of any size. The Masters Certificate in Project Management is offered in partnership with York Universitys Schulich Executive Education Centre, and designed to provide a fast-track, in-depth approach to project management training. The program consists of 18 days of training delivered over 4 months and provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to consistently delivery projects on time, on budget and within scope.
The Masters Certificate in Project Management is delivered by expert instructors with real-world experience and equips participants with practical skills that can be applied immediately in the workplace. Master the key areas of project management as defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), understand the tools and techniques to better manage your projects and advance your project management career!
Top 5 Reasons Participants Choose Our Masters Certificate in Project Management
- Convenient class modules applicable to every project every day
- Study all Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) areas to build your total skill set
- Modules delivered by real-world project instructors
- Great networking and sharing of experiences to reinforce your learning
- Designed to advance your career growth and opportunities
- Better manage your projects, from planning and team building to quality and cost management
- Become a stronger, more effective communicator and leader
- Benefit from the expertise and proficiencies of the programs real-world instructors
- Connect and network with other project managers
- Share experiences and knowledge with other project management professionals
- Immediately apply project management principles in your everyday and long-term responsibilities
- Advance your project management career
- Provides a solid foundation to prepare you to write the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam. The program provides more than 120 contact hours exceeding the required 35 contact hours to write the PMP® exam. A recent study of graduates showed that over half of our graduates go on to write the PMP® Exam and over 98% pass on the first try. Visit the PMI website to learn more.
- Includes option online PMP prep modules (NEW addition in 2019!)
Need More Information?
Schulich Executive Education Centre Monthly Information Session Webinar provides an overview of the program and its structure and allows you to ask questions relating to the program.
Tuition Assistance Available
The Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant Program provides financial assistance to private and non-profit employers to offset the cost of providing training to new or current employees. Employers can access to up to $15,000 in government support for employee training per trainee! More information on the funding application can be found at www.aes.gov.nl.ca.
Who Should Attend
This Program graduates over 1000 qualified project managers each year and is ideal for the following:
- Project Managers from any industry with at least one year of experience and who wish to move up to a higher level in their field.
- Mid- and senior-level managers who have completed an introductory project management program in recent years and must now lead more complex projects.
- Anyone who does NOT have their PMP designation from PMI and would like to pursue their PMP designation for career success.
While we have not established a firm set of pre-requisites for the program, it would be beneficial if participants have one of the following:
- At least 1 year of project management experience, or
- Completion of a 2-3 day introductory project management course within the last 2 years.
- Please note that this program is not recommended for individuals who already have their PMP® designation.
The Masters Certificate in Project Management offered through Gardiner Centre was exceptional. An indepth course that was delivered in concise modules that were easy to absorb. Each module contained tangible tools and techniques that were applied immediately. I cannot say enough about Gardiner Centre staff and instructors - professional, insightful, organized, fun and most helpful. I highly recommend this program. Rick Hunt Lead Engineer, Subsea 7 and 2017 MCPM Graduate
"The skills and experiences offered through the Masters Certificate in Project Management program were outstanding. The returns were evident immediately after the first module and increased through completion. I have gained great insight into new techniques and processes available while refining current skills. The professionalism and support of the instructors and staff of the Gardiner Centre facilitated an exceptional experience." Terry Sheppard IT Consultant - Project Manager, TotalNet Solutions and 2016 MCPM Graduate
The Masters Certificate in Project Management (MCPM) offered a real-time learning environment to attain practical knowledge of project management principles that I was able to incorporate immediately into my work environment. The integration of the learned methodologies within the organization enhanced the approach and delivery of services to our clients. I would highly recommend the program for individuals wanting to sustain a competitive career advantage. Barbara Bragg, CRSP General Manager, SNC Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc. and 2015 MCPM Graduate
The Masters Certificate in Project Management is delivered in 10 modules over 18 days. Each module provides high quality, interactive and collaborative training for 2 or 3 days. Participants will receive a short assignment after each module. Each of these assignments will be used to tie the entire program together and serve as the background work for the project simulation that takes place in Module 10.
National Program Director
David Barrett, Schulich Executive Education Center, Schulich School of Business, York University
- The fee for the Masters Certificate in Program in Project Management is $8950 CDN + HST.
- IMPORTANT: A deposit of $800 + HST is required to secure your place in the program. An invoice for this fee will be emailed to you upon receipt of your registration.
- The remaining balance of the program fee is due prior to the start of the program.
- The program fee includes full 10-module program, all teaching materials, lunches, refreshments and professionally framed certificate.
- Memorial Universitys liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Cancellations, Replacements and Transfers
- If you are unable to attend the program, you may transfer to the next session or your organization may name a replacement candidate.
- Only one module transfer to an alternate session will be permitted (subject to space availability) without penalty. Each subsequent transfer request has a $100 administration fee.
- A full refund will be issued for written cancellations received a minimum of 21 days before the program start date. Written cancellations received after this date will incur an administration charge of $800 +HST. Non-attendance or withdrawal after program start date will incur a full program fee.
Certificate of Program Completion Attendance Requirements
- Participants must attend all program modules (100% attendance) and achieve a passing grade on the final exam in order to receive their certificate. Upon completion of the Masters Certificate Program in Project Management, you will receive a framed certificate of completion from York University, Schulich Executive Education Centre and Memorial University, Gardiner Centre.