Certificate Program Info
Mastering Business Essentials Program
Inquire below for future program dates.
Gardiner Centre courses and programs can be delivered just for your team!Get this training for your team
The Mastering Business Essentials program focuses on the most critical need-to-know elements in business, allowing you to sharpen your ability to make strategic decisions in todays complex business environment. Participants learn how to see the bigger picture by gaining knowledge in key disciplines such as accounting, finance, economics, operations/processes, marketing, human resources, and project management and learning how to apply them to increase productivity and profitability. The Program takes theoretical material and relates it to practical, real-world examples and exercises providing you with tools and techniques to apply immediately back at work. This comprehensive 9-day program is delivered in 3 blocks over 8 weeks.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Achieve business growth
- Make strategic business decisions
- Budget and managing cash flow
- Review and analyze the components of financial statements and translate it to operational activities
- Analyze market conditions
- Hire, fire, keep & motivate employees
- Develop a marketing strategy
- Improve process flows
- Manage capacity and resources
- Manage projects
- Better present yourself professionally, network, influence others, and facilitate meetings
The Mastering Business Essentials Program is designed to help those who are:
- Looking to transition into a managerial position
- Professional people who dont have a background in business but who quickly need to come up to speed on today's cutting edge practices
- Entrepreneurs who would like to develop a well-rounded business acumen
- Technical professionals looking to broaden their skills and advance in their organization
- Business people who are re-entering the workforce and are looking for a refresher in business knowledge and skills
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 63
|Day 1||Strategic and Environmental Analysis/Case Introduction|
|Day 2||Business Economics/Finance Models|
|Day 3||Business Processes and Technology|
|Business Case Group Assignment|
|Day 4||Marketing and Business Development|
|Day 5||Accounting and Budgeting|
|Day 6||Talent Management|
|Business Case Group Assignment|
|Day 7||Fundamentals of Project Management|
|Day 8||Management Skills|
|Day 9||Moving Forward/Case Presentations|
- The fee for the Mastering Business Essentials Program is $4950 CDN + HST.
- The program fee includes full 3-module program, all teaching materials and a framed certificate.
- Memorial Universitys liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Financial Assistance Available
The Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant Program provides financial assistance to private and non-profit employers to offset the cost of providing training to new or current employees. Employers can access to up to $15,000 in government support for employee training per trainee! More information on the funding application can be found here.
Cancellations, Replacements and Transfers
- If you are unable to attend the program, you may transfer to the next session or your organization may name a replacement candidate.
- Only one module transfer to an alternate session will be permitted (subject to space availability) without penalty. Each subsequent transfer request has a $100 administration fee.
- A full refund will be issued for written cancellations received a minimum of 21 days before the program start date. Written cancellations received after this date will incur an administration charge of $400 +HST.
- Non-attendance or withdrawal after the program start date will incur a full program fee.