Advanced Administrative Professionals Program
Inquire below for future program dates.
The administrative professional is a key position in organizations across all sectors. They oversee relationships with team members and external stakeholders, plan, coordinate and manage resources and schedules, and often handle public relations issues and crisis situations.
This program provides the skills and tools to enhance participants' confidence and influence in their role. As a result, participants strengthen communications across all levels of their organizations and apply leadership strategies to better manage their varied responsibilities.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Maximizing and improving workplace relationships.
- Expanding communication skills and outreach at all levels.
- Projecting confidence and building influence with those around you.
- Mastering leadership strategies to apply in challenging situations.
- Managing multiple events and projects in an efficient and effective way
- Responding to, understanding and adapting to organizational change.
Training will be delivered virtually from 1:00 to 4:30pm, NST on the dates below
|Module 1||September 20-21, 2023||Building & Enhancing Workplace Relationships|
|Module 1||September 27-28, 2023||Confident Leadership|
|Module 1||October 4-5, 2023||Working in an Age-Diverse Environment|
|Module 2||October 25-26, 2023||Managing Multiple Project & Events|
|Module 2||November 1-2, 2023||Adapting to Change|
|Module 2||November 8-9, 2023||Advanced Communications|
Building & Enhancing Workplace Relationships
Develop a process to communicate more effectively to drive understanding, alignment, and outcomes with individuals and teams by gaining a better understanding of your behaviour style, and recognizing and adapting to the style of others.
- Use the DISC assessment, validate your natural adapted styles and realize how these styles contribute to your success.
- Recognize why some interactions, activities, events, or people leave you feeling stressed or drained, while others energize you.
- Determine how to adapt your natural style to better connect with others.
- Appreciate the differences of others and understand how these differences can help individuals, teams, and organizations achieve their goals.
- Become a more effective communicator who will diffuse conflict, promote change, and create team 'buy-in' culture.
Confident Leadership: Building Influence & Personal Confidence
Improve professional awareness, build self-assurance and expand interpersonal influence.
- Review the components of professional presence: gravitas, appearance and communication states.
- Practice techniques to improve the components of professional presence.
- Explore how personal values impact your decisions, job performance and interactions with others.
- Develop a professional mission and vision statement to define how you want to be viewed as a professional.
- Practice the components of confidence: body language, verbal language and mindset.
- Master confident communication methods for stronger and confident expression of viewpoints.
Working in an Age-Diverse Environment
Learn how to work with the differences in attitudes and behaviours, and develop them into organizational strengths.
- Examine the attitudes, values, and expectations of the different generations in the workplace.
- Explore what motivates each generation.
- Assess how various leadership styles work to motivate and engage each generation.
- Apply strategies to create an environment that is accepting and respectful of generational
- Recognize how to build on the strengths that different perspectives in the workplace bring.
- Review and apply the critical steps to leading a multigenerational organization to success.
Managing Multiple Projects & Events
Develop skills in building, managing and executing successful events and projects of varying sizes.
- Define the criteria for a successful event or project, as well as common challenges to success
- Apply skills to think like an event or project manager
- Assess the nature of an event or project and its environment.
- Develop project plans and event scenarios that can be managed and executed
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Review the process for event or project initiation and closure
Adapting to Change: Understanding the Change Management Process
Learn strategies to cope with the change transition process and how to create understanding, acceptance, and buy-in.
- Define change management best practices.
- Examine the common causes of poor transition management and how to counter them.
- Review guidelines for effective communication and management of change transitions.
- Create a detailed assessment of a specific transition in your organization.
- Evaluate how workloads are affected, the personal reactions to change, and processes for communicating the change.
- Develop an action plan of next steps for improving change management.
Advanced Communications: The Effective Verbal, Non-Verbal & Written Skills
Enhance the core skills needed to communicate with clarity in the workplace.
- Review the 'The 3 Cs' in communication and practice strategies for each (clear, concise, consistent)
- Examine the factors that influence the delivery of our communication such as body language, tone and approach, perception, and the quality of our messages
- Strengthen writing and editing skills by reviewing and practicing professional writing and editing methods
- Assess and practice assertive communication skills to improve dialogue with others to express your needs and viewpoints productively
Personal Development Coaching
Gardiner Centre is proud to make personal development coaching a part of your training experience. Gardiner Centre's personal development coaching is rooted in the discipline of Positive Psychology. Positive Psychology is an empirically based science studying the behavioural actions, conditions, and factors that lead to personal and professional success, well-being, and meaning. A person's outlook, behaviour, and response to situations and toward themselves can influence the above. (Biswas-Diener & Diener, 2015).
Gardiner's personal development coaching utilizes scientifically proven assessments and interventions - activities to apply in your personal and professional life to help you with whatever you are working on after the Personal Leadership Development training program. You can connect your goals, ideas, outcomes, and strategies from the Personal Leadership Program to your coaching session.
The coaching methodology is based on the research of Robert Biswas- Diener, Ed Diener, Gretchen Ruben, Brene Brown, Carol Dweck, Tal Ben-Shahar, and other positive psychology researchers.
As a positive psychology coach client in Gardiner's Personal Leadership Development Program, you will choose one of the following six coaching domains for your one-hour coaching session.
- Mindset: Exploring the traits and behaviours of optimism, mindfulness, and growth mindset to feel more personally and professionally content. Understanding how your own thinking styles can hold you back.
- Resilience: Resilience is remaining optimistic and emotionally strong, even while experiencing challenging personal and professional events. Build up your personal resilience level.
- Personal Influence: Harnessing your personal values and authenticity you possess as your unique personal self, to increase and expand your influence.
- Emotional Awareness: Understanding your own personal self-awareness style to overcome perfectionism and imposter syndrome for sustainable high performance and success.
- Personal Confidence: Exploring the underlying causes of self-doubt and harnessing the power of personal values, self-regulation and strengths to increase assuredness.
- Authentic Communication: Improving one's written, verbal and non-verbal communication to align with your true communication style and voice.
Bonus! My Leadership Evolution Keynote Presentation
Participants will have the opportunity to hear a personal leadership story from a prominent local business professional. This special presenter began their career as an administrative professional, eventually rising to become a leading influencer within their industry.
What Our Clients Say
"All topics were perfect for the type of work we do on a day-to-day basis. There is always room for growth and this program has certainly helped me grow more. The "Working in a Multigenerational Environment" topic was one of those that really peaked my interest and certainly opened my eyes to other perspectives - it was great session! The other topics continued to teach me new ways to view things, approach things and most importantly to step back, pause, evaluate and move ahead. I will certainly recommend this program to everyone I know who will benefit from it!"
Program Endorsements & Partnerships
This course qualifies as credits toward the International Association of Business Communicators' (IABC) professional certifications.
When applying to sit for either the exam for Communications Management Professional (CMP)® or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP)® or to apply for recertification, Gardiner Centre courses can be an integral part of your application package.
To learn more about this global standard certification, visit: gcccouncil.org. To inquire about sitting for a certification exam, contact the local IABC NL chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: iabcnl.com.
Gardiner Centre has reviewed this program and believes it aligns to the International Association of Administrative Professionals CAP Body of Knowledge. However, we encourage each Certified Administrative Professional designee to conduct their own review to ensure the program qualifies for recertification points.
"The Administrative Profession is continuously evolving. Gardiner Centre and the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) recognize this fact and by developing the Advanced Administrative Professionals Program around the IAAP Body of Knowledge, the Gardiner Centre acknowledges the value that our profession brings to every business and industry where we work."
- Debbie Chafe, B.Ed., CAP - IAAP Branch Director for Newfoundland and Labrador.
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 42