August 2007 Update
• Fume Hood Exhaust Upgrade – Demolition work almost completed in the Penthouse area. Installation of new ductwork and central exhaust equipment is set to start soon.
• Ventilation unit retrofit – New motors and speed drives are on site and will be installed soon.
• Lighting upgrade – The retrofitting of the light fixtures in this building is 95% completed.
• Transformer upgrade – This work is scheduled to begin on the weekend of August 17th to 19th, 2007. It will be completed during this time.
• Ventilation unit retrofit – Motors and speed drives are on site and will be installed soon.
• Building automation system upgrade – This work is ongoing and is 20% completed.
• Ventilation unit zone damper replacement work is 50% completed.
• The replacement of the perimeter heating valves is 90% completed and task of tying in these valves to the building automation system is ongoing.
Q.E. II Library
• Weatherstripping of windows and doors – this work is ongoing and 50% completed.
• Lighting upgrade – This work began last week and crews are working on the 5th level.
• Humidification System upgrade - This work is ongoing, all piping has been installed, and we are awaiting the arrival of the specific equipment.
South Campus Boiler Room
• Energy Metering Project – This work involves the scheduling of a shutdown of the heating system loop to several academic buildings to install temperature sensors and heating water flow meters. This work is ongoing and a shutdown is to be arranged before classes resume in September.