2017 Dean's Awards
(L-R: Dean Kirk Anderson, Dr. Jerome Delaney, Dr. Xuemei Li, Dr. Cecile Badenhorst, Ms. Cathy Madol, Dr. Jennifer Anderson, Mr. Maurice Barry (missing from photo: Dr. Sylvia Moore)
Seven faculty and staff members were recognized during the third annual Faculty of Education Dean’s Awards presentations celebrating contributions to the faculty during the 2016-17 academic year.
The Faculty of Education Dean’s Awards recognize excellence in teaching, research, community engagement and service, and service to the faculty and university.
The awards were formally presented by Dr. Kirk Anderson, dean of Education, and Dr. Gerald Galway, associate dean of Education (undergraduate programs), during a special ceremony on Sept. 26.
“I congratulate the recipients of this year’s awards. We received strong nominations in most of the award categories and the committee faced difficult decisions in selecting this year’s recipients,” said Dr. Anderson. “I’d also like to thank the committee led by Dr. Galway for its hard work.”
Dr. Anderson encouraged faculty and staff to take part in the next round of Faculty of Education Dean’s Awards – adding that the call for 2017-18 nominations will be issued next month.
Dr. Galway chaired this year’s awards committee.
“These awards are an important means by which our faculty and staff community can recognize the outstanding work of their colleagues in teaching, research, engagement and service,” said Dr. Galway.
“They also enable us to identify individuals who deserve to be recognized within the wider university community. One of our goals is to encourage nominees and award winners to compete for other awards, such as the President’s Awards.”
The Faculty of Education Dean’s Awards are modelled on the university-wide President’s Awards, which are also presented annually.
Here are the recipients of the 2016-17 Faculty of Education Dean’s Awards:
- Dr. Cecile Badenhorst, recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Dr. Jerome Delaney, recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Dr. Xuemei Li, recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research
- Dr. Sylvia Moore, recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Engagement and Service
- Dr. Jennifer Anderson, recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence (non-tenure track faculty)
- Mr. Maurice Barry, recipient of the Dean’s Staff Award for Service Excellence
- Ms. Cathy Madol, recipient of the Dean’s Staff Award for Service Excellence
More details on this year’s award recipients are available here.