Dear ARC users,
As you may have heard through a statement from the VPR office, steps are taken to reinstate some research capabilities. We, at ARC, have made plans to return gradually to operation in phase with the Governement of Newfoundland and Labrador and the CRWG recommendations. Please be aware that our opening phases may differ from the dates from the provincial government to accomodate our own requirements and lab space restrictions. Our priority is your safety as well as the safety of our staff and equipment while resuming samples analysis.
You will find below all the informations necessary of our phased-approach return to activity. Please note that this webpage will be updated regularly to adjust to the ever-changing situation. (Last updated August 11th, 2021)
We are currently running in Green
Phases of return to operation
Experienced users can run their samples. Density restrictions are in place to allow 1 person per 30 square ft
All samples are run by ARC staff.
Lab Inspections performed by ARC staff. Remote research is supported.
ARC COVID-19 Lab Safety rules
- Work only to be completed if access to campus approval has been forwarded to staff.
- No new student to be trained at this time
- MUN’s COVID19 training must be completed
- People who shows symptoms, even if mild, are not allowed on the premises and should call 811 as per provincial regulation
- Physical Distancing
- Only one person at a time is allowed in a room
- Users are not allowed to walk in to see if the room is free. All the checking and booking must be done online.
- All data processing must be done remotely.
- All communication with staff should be done by email or phone
- Doors will remain closed at all time
- All surfaces should be wiped down with the provided EtOH solution before and after usage. Use the spray bottle provided in the lab to spray the solution onto a paper towel before wiping down all surfaces. Do not spray directly on surface as it can cause damages
- Door/Door handles
- Freezer/fridge handles
- Fume hood handles
- Safety glasses
- Instrument surfaces
- Chair/desk if used
- Any other surface touched
- Handwashing should be repeated every 30 minutes
- Keyboards are to be wrapped in plastic wrap and must be changed after use.
- Masks should be worn at all time when in the lab
- Gloves should be worn when manipulating samples
- Do not enter the room with gloves worn outside the lab
- Cleaning check list must be completed and signed when finished in the lab