Explore Graduate Studies
Are you interested in applying to graduate school?
Join the School of Graduate Studies (SGS), along with various academic units, for our "Explore Graduate Studies at Memorial University" event taking place from Monday, November 23 to Thursday, November 26, 11am-1pm (NT) daily. We will be offering a series of virtual information sessions hosted by SGS staff, as well as panel discussions from faculty in various academic units. To register, click on the appropriate links at the bottom of this page.
Information session topics include:
- Is grad school right for you? - Presented by: Dr. Aimee Surprenant
- Graduate studies at Memorial - Presented by: Dr. Amy Warren
- Three steps to get admitted to grad school - Presented by: Mr. Andrew Kim
- Funding and scholarship opportunities for grad students - Presented by: Ms. Carol Sullivan
Participating units include:
- Faculty of Business Administration - Dr. Emmanuel Haven, Dr. Lynn Gambin
- Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science - Ms. Jinghua Nie
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences - Dr. Roberto Martinez-Espineira (Economics), Dr. Carissa Brown (Geography), Dr. Yvan Rose (Linguistics), Dr. Lisa-Jo K. van den Scott (Sociology), Dr. Isabelle Côté (Political Science)
- Faculty of Medicine - Dr. Ann Dorward
- Faculty of Science - Dr. Asokan Variyath (Math and Stats), Dr. Oscar Meruvia-Pastor (Computer Science), Dr. Christina S. Bottaro (Chemistry), Dr. Darcy Hallett (Psychology)
- Grenfell Campus - Dr. Kelly Vodden
- Marine Institute - Ms. Krista Sweetland
Why grad school?
Graduate degrees open doors and are sought-after assets in the labour market. An increasing number of employers are hiring employees with master’s degrees for positions previously only requiring a bachelor degree. Other advantages to completing a graduate degree include professional development, personal growth and international recognition in your area of study or profession.
Whatever your reason for pursuing a graduate degree at Memorial University of Newfoundland, we likely have a program suited for your interests and goals. Learn more about what motivated our students and alumni to enroll in graduate programs at Memorial. Already made a decision? Submit an application by following our online applications instructions. If you’re applying to graduate school for the first time, we’ve prepared four video tutorials to help make the process easier for you. To register, click on the appropriate links at the bottom of this page.
Explore Graduate Studies at Memorial University
Our four-day event will take place from Monday, November 23 to Thursday, November 26, 11am-1pm (NT) daily. It will feature daily information sessions from SGS and panel discussions involving faculty members about the graduate programs offered by Memorial. Join us virtually for all sessions or choose the one(s) that are most applicable to you and your interests.
Event Schedule (to register, click on the appropriate links in the table below):
|11:00 a.m. - |
|Is grad school right for you?|
|Graduate studies at Memorial|
|Three steps to get admitted to grad school|
|Funding and scholarship opportunities for grad students|
|12:00 p.m - |
|Panel on graduate programs in Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science and |
Faculty of Business Administration
|Panel on graduate programs in the Faculty of Science and the Marine Institute|
|Panel on graduate programs in the Faculty of Medicine and Grenfell Campus|
|Panel on graduate programs in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|