Ten Thousand Coffees
Ten Thousand Coffees
Memorial University has partnered with Ten Thousand Coffees to present a digital platform to connect you for career conversations, in-person or online. Whatever the stage of your career, Ten Thousand Coffees can increase your network and provide invaluable knowledge and expertise. Check out this article to learn more about the experiences of participants in Memorial’s Ten Thousand Coffees Hub.
What will you get from the program?
- Learn about new career opportunities and keep up with industry trends
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other Memorial University alumni and faculty, based on your industry and interests
- Help shape the careers of students and other alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
How does Memorial University's Ten Thousand Coffees work?
- You’ll receive a monthly introduction to a student or fellow alumni based on your interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop (as appropriate) or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox so you don’t need to use another tool!
- You don’t have to wait for an introduction! You can search for available mentors.
How do I join?
- Go to https://mun.tenthousandcoffees.com/signup to create your profile or click the link below.
- You will be placed into an approval queue to be reviewed by the hub administrators
- Respond to an invitation when you are matched with another member
- Tag @MemorialUAlumni to tell us about your successful coffee chats!
To search available mentors:
- Create a free profile on The Memorial University Ten Thousand Coffees hub (make sure you sign up with an email address you check regularly)
- On the ‘Members’ tab, click ‘Filter Members’
- Under ‘Hub Goals’ select ‘Providing Mentorship’
- Click Apply
A list will come up of alumni who have indicated they are willing to provide mentorship. Visit their profiles to learn about their backgrounds and current location and industry, as well as the type of support they provide. Send them a message to set up a time to communicate over email, Skype, or in person if you are in the same city!
We Need Mentors
Your knowledge, life skills and connections can help new graduates and students gain the practical knowledge and connections they need to succeed. Share your experience and be a mentor. It’s not just a feel-good experience, it’s an opportunity to hone your leadership skills, gain new perspectives, and advance your own career goals.
Other Ten Thousand Coffee Resources