PROCEDURE FOR MAINTAINING THE SPACE INVENTORY
1. The Space Planning and Administration unit from the Department of Facilities Management is responsible for the completion and administration of the space inventory. The data is collected from all University units via systems provided and maintained by the unit as per the description outlined on the departmental web site.
2. To fulfill the University's obligation to maintain an accurate space inventory, all units are to provide accurate data on the assignment of their allocations space to the Space Planning and Administration Unit, through the space inventory system. This should include details on the typical space use and occupancy including assignments to employees, special projects, leases, retired faculty, adjunct professors, Honorary Research Professors, Professors Emeriti, visiting professors and others.
3. All changes in space utilization or assignment, including swapping of space, must be updated in the space inventory, as the changes occur. A minimum of one annual update is required from all units and updates should occur in time for the preparation of the Space Annual Reports in October.
4. The Space Annual Reports are sent to all units as confirmation of the data provided and are used for decision-making purposes by the Vice-Presidents' Space Committee, administrative applications, as well as inter-institutional and system-wide statistical reports.
5. The Vice-Presidents' Space Committee may request additional space and occupancy data when required for space review or space allocation decisions.