Please Enter a Search Term

Campus Checklist for New Faculty

New faculty are sent their email account and directions on how to access the account through You should also be provided with an employee number, and Human Resources PIN (personal identification number) from the Department of Human Resources after confirmation of your employment. For any problems accessing email, or if you forget your MUN login password, contact Computing and Communications at 864-4595. Any problems with the HR PIN may be addressed through the Human Resources Helpline 864-2434.

Getting a Memorial University Campus Card: You will need to get a Campus Card for identification purposes. This card is issued, and the photo taken, at the Student Information Center, Answers, in the University Center, Room 3005. Faculty members must present their employee number, or a letter from their department in order to obtain the card. You may also apply online for the card but need to supply your own photo and the process may take a bit longer. Please check the website for information.

Memorial’s Library System: The Memorial Campus card serves as your library card. Visit the library website for full information on borrowing privileges and the range of Memorial’s libraries services. Visit the Circulation Desk or the website Make a Request to obtain a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for off-campus web access and access to on-line journals, databases, e-books and videos. If you wish to consult with librarians with expertise in finding information in particular areas, for you or your students, for teaching support, to reserve materials, go to Make a Request on the website. The Libraries button on the bar at the top of Memorial’s homepage provides quick access as well to all services.

Computing and Communications: C&C deals with such areas as email, computing, wireless access and website development. The Service Desk is the first point of contact for students, faculty and staff with computing problems or queries. You may call 864-4595 with questions, submit them to or visit the Henrietta Harvey Building (HH-2012)

The Computer Purchasing Centre: is part of the Computing and Communications Division. This is a not for profit operation mandated to service the Memorial University community, offering discounts and benefits from pricing and programs negotiated nationally for Canadian universities and colleges. This is where faculty members will usually go to purchase computers or software. See their website for more info.

Employee Self-Service: The Department of Human Resources has an on-line employee self-service, ESS, that allows you to view or change personal information through the This site contains information on paystubs, the Employee Assistance Program, Employee Equity Information , plus more. For assistance with your login to ESS, you may contact the Human Resources Help Desk by calling 864-2434.

Group Benefits Plan: All permanent full-time employees are covered by this plan from the first day of active employment. Benefits provided on a mandatory participation basis include the following:

  • Basic Life Insurance Dependent Life Insurance (when Family Health Option is chosen)
  • Long-term disability insurance
  • Health Plan, including Worldwide Travel Assistance
  • Dental Plan

Other benefits and options may also be purchased at extra cost. Information on options available may be found at the benefits website.

New employees, including those on contract who are eligible for benefits, should contact the Benefits and Pensions Office at 864-7406 or to set up an appointment to discuss their Benefit Plan.

Getting a Parking Permit: Sales of parking permits are handled through Campus Enforcement and Patrol, in the Facilities Management Building,1018, phone 864-8561, office hours 8:00 -3:30 (through lunch). For those working in the Health Sciences Complex, H2720, phone 777-7280, office hours 8:00 - 4:30, through lunch. New faculty members and new employees will need to show a letter of appointment from their department or unit, as well as having their vehicle registration with them.

Further information on parking and regulations may be found under the drop down bar on the Quick Links on the MUN home page.

Ordering from the Bookstore: Each department, or as the case may be, School or Faculty has a Textbook Coordinator. This may be the administrative assistant of your department or another designated person. All book orders sent to Memorial’s Bookstore must go through the departmental coordinator. Orders for textbooks for fall courses are generally required by the end of May; orders for texts for winter courses should be submitted in October.

Lost and Found: This service is located in the Facilities Management Building, Campus Enforcement and Patrol. Call 864-8561.

Emergency Services while teaching on campus. Call Campus Enforcement and Patrol, 864-4100

Custodial Services, Department of Facilities Management. For custodial or maintenance services call 864-7600