New students are admitted to the School of Music for the fall semester only. The deadline for applications for fall semester is the preceding 15 January. Late applications are considered under special circumstances and on instruments or voice where space is available.
During the application you will be asked to:
- Select your audition instrument. If you are auditioning under more than one instrument, you will need to complete a separate application for each.
- Indicate your audition preference. If you intend to audition by distance, rather than in person, please e-mail email@example.com to indicate whether you will audition by CD/DVD/YouTube video or by live videoconferencing.
- Write a summary of your musical experiences and objectives.
- Ask a musician who knows you well if she or he would be willing to write a reference for you (for example, your current private music teacher, school music teacher, choir or band conductor). After you’ve submitted your application to Memorial you will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar with the subject line School of Music – Reference Required. It will contain a link to the Teacher Reference Form and advice for both the applicant and referee on completing. Forward the email to your referee with your full name, principal instrument and Memorial University ID (if known). The referee must email the Teacher Reference Form back to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2018. The subject line should read Application Reference – Bachelor of Music. Once received by the Office of the Registrar, the reference will be automatically matched with your application. Follow your online Application for Admission to monitor the status of this required item as a received date will be added when the reference is received.
*Please note the automated email to reach out to applicants is not scheduled to begin until the end of January.
- Submit official academic records from high school or other post-secondary institutions, if applicable to:
The Office of the Registrar
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
Students who are new to Memorial University: Follow the application instructions provided at www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply.
Current or returning Memorial University students: Use the Admissions menu within Memorial Self-Service.
Incomplete files or late applications may jeopardize admissibility.