New students are admitted to the School of Music for the fall semester only. The deadline for applications for fall semester is the preceding 15 January. Late applications are considered under special circumstances and on instruments or voice where space is available.
During the application you will be asked to:
- Select your audition instrument. If you are auditioning under more than one instrument, you will need to complete a separate application for each.
- Indicate your audition preference. If you intend to audition by distance, rather than in person, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate whether you will audition by CD/DVD/YouTube video or by live videoconferencing.
- Write a summary of your musical experiences and objectives.
- Print the Teacher Reference form. Ask a musician who knows you well if she or he would be willing to write a reference for you. (For example, your current private music teacher, school music teacher, choir or band conductor.) Provide your referee with the Teacher Reference Form and request that she or he complete and return it to the Office of the Registrar (see address below) before 15 February.
- Submit official academic records from high school or other post-secondary institutions, if applicable to:
The Office of the Registrar
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
Phone: 709 864 4431
Fax: 709 864 2337
Email: email@example.com (unofficial documents only. No replies sent), firstname.lastname@example.org (inquiries only)
Students who are new to Memorial University: Follow the application instructions provided at www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply.
Current or returning Memorial University students: Use the Admissions menu within Memorial Self-Service.
Incomplete files or late applications may jeopardize admissibility.