New students are admitted to the School of Music for the fall semester only. The deadline for applications for fall semester is the preceding 15 January. Late applications are considered under special circumstances and on instruments or voice where space is available.
During the application you will be asked to:
- Select your audition instrument. If you are auditioning under more than one instrument, you will need to complete a separate application for each.
- Indicate your audition preference. If you intend to audition by distance, rather than in person, please e-mail email@example.com to indicate whether you will audition by CD/DVD/YouTube video or by live videoconferencing.
- Write a summary of your musical experiences and objectives.
- Ask a musician who knows you well if she or he would be willing to write a reference for you (for example, your current private music teacher, school music teacher, choir or band conductor). Provide the name and email of your referee in the online application. The Office of the Registrar, through an automated process, will email referees a form to complete and return electronically. The form should be returned to the Office of the Registrar before February 10. Once received by the Office of the Registrar, the reference will be automatically matched with your application. Follow your online Application for Admission to monitor the status of this required item as a received date will be added when the reference is received.
*Please note that although referee contact information is currently being collected in the application, the automated process to reach out to referees is not scheduled to begin until January.
- Submit official academic records from high school or other post-secondary institutions, if applicable to:
The Office of the Registrar
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
Students who are new to Memorial University: Follow the application instructions provided at www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply.
Current or returning Memorial University students: Use the Admissions menu within Memorial Self-Service.
Incomplete files or late applications may jeopardize admissibility.