Your relationship with Memorial does not end once you retire. In fact, it is an opportunity for continued growth and involvement within the Memorial community. Your interest, knowledge, expertise and energy are valued and there are many ways in which you can remain involved.
Retirees remain connected with Memorial in many ways, including:
- continued learning through University and external educational providers for both credit and non-credit courses. (Maximum funding for any one course and /or program will be an amount equivalent to the tuition fee for one undergraduate course per semester).
- continued health and wellness through The Works (the Aquarena, Field House and MUN Recreation facilities) including a preferred rate for retirees (50% off standard plus free parking)
- coverage in group benefits
- continued mun.ca e-mail account
- continued access to library, building access and parking privileges with MUN ID card
- continuous payroll deduction services for Canada Savings Bonds, Johnson's Insurance and membership at The Works (inquire prior to retirement)
- through the Memorial University of Newfoundland Pensioners' Association (MUNPA)
*Please click here to access pay advice for retirees. This web site will guide you through the steps of how to access your payment information.
- Dental Improvements - June 1, 2013
- Important Information for Retirees Travelling Out of Province
- Newsline - Blue Cross Fraud Investigation
- Benefits renewal notice for Retirees April 2013
- Post-retirement Benefits Guide - June 2013
- Travel health insurance, change in carrier - June 1, 2010
- Update from Blue Cross regarding Shoppers Drug Mart
- Medavie Blue Cross notice to cardholders
- Health and Dental coverage for dependents over age 21
- Important change to dental coverage
Blue Cross e-claims and Mobile App
- Cardholder website - Registration instructions for members
- e-Claims - How to Submit your calims on line
- Medavie Blue Cross Mobile App - What it can do for you
- SSQ travel health insurance brochure
- SSQ Frequently Asked Questions
- SSQ war zone listing - effective October, 2013
- Q&A for those about to retire
- Retiree group benefit rates - effective June 1, 2013
- Group Benefit Rates Pre-1993 Retirees - effective October 1, 2013
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Memorial University of Newfoundland Pensioners' Association (MUNPA)
The Memorial University of Newfoundland Pensioners' Association (MUNPA) is a non-profit organization that represents the interests of all retired faculty, staff, and their survivors (widows, orphans, and widowers).
We are the oldest university pensioners' association in Atlantic Canada, having been founded in 1985 by the late Dr. Alastair Riach.
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland
Canada A1C 5S7
Telephone: 709 864-6979 (Note the new number. Please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.)