Newfoundland and Labrador History
Much of the department's post-graduate work is done in Newfoundland and Labrador history.
The sources are all close at hand:
- Centre for Newfoundland Studies
- Archives and Special Collections sections of the Queen Elizabeth II Library
- Maritime History Archive
- Folklore and Language Archive
- Intangible Cultural Heritage inventory
- Provincial Archives
- Newfoundland and Labrador Public Library System
- other private and public collections throughout the province.
Students can also draw on the knowledge found in other other departments such as Anthropology, Folklore, English, Geography, Political Science, Sociology and Legal Studies.