The Residence Council
Mandate of Council
The Residence Council is an advisory body to the Director of Student Residences. It examines policies and procedures in place for On-Campus Housing and recommends alternatives to improve the quality of life for residents.
In principle the membership of the Council will be constituted so as to maximize the representation of constituent groups in On-Campus Housing. Membership will be a combination of appointed and elected members of the On-Campus Housing community.
The Residence Council will be chaired by the Manager of Residence Life.
The remaining membership will have the following composition:
- 3 Residence Coordinators (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application; 2 from Paton College/Macpherson College and 1 from Burton’s Pond Apartments).
- 3 student staff (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application; 1 male RA, 1 female RA, and 1 AA).
- 4 Residence Society Presidents (elected by the presidents; at least 1 of each gender).
- 4 MUNSU residence representatives (2 Paton College, 1 Macpherson College and a Burton’s Pond representative).
- 3 first year representatives (appointed by the Director, Student Residences, by application)
- 4 member-at-large (by application/election).
The appointment of applicants will take into consideration;
- Gender Balance.
- At least one representative from each of the 15 residences, if possible.
- Continuity of some members from year to year.