The Residence CouncilMandate of Council
The Residence Council is an advisory body to the Director of Housing, Food and Conference Services (HFCS). It examines policies and procedures in place for On-Campus Housing and recommends alternatives to improve the quality of life for residents.
In principle the membership of the Council will be constituted so as to maximize the representation of constituent groups in On-Campus Housing. Membership will be a combination of appointed and elected members of the On-Campus Housing community.
The Residence Council will be chaired by the Assistant Director, HFCS.
The remaining membership will have the following composition:
- 3 Proctors (appointed by the Director, HFCS, by application; 2 from Paton College and 1 from Burton’s Pond Apartments).
- 3 student staff (appointed by the Director, HFCS, by application; 1 male RA, 1 female RA, and 1 AD).
- 4 Residence Society Presidents (elected by the presidents; at least 1 of each gender).
- 3 MUNSU residence representatives (female and male Paton College representatives, and a Burton’s Pond representative).
- 3 first year representatives (appointed by the Director, HFCS, by application; 2 from Paton College and 1 from Burton’s Pond Apartments).
- 4 member-at-large (elected by all residents of On-Campus Housing).
The appointment of applicants will take into consideration;
- Gender Balance.
- At least one representative from each of the 14 residences, if possible.
- Continuity of some members from year to year.