Students may complete a Major in Geography as part of either a BA or BSc program.
Students who want to declare a Major in Geography should meet with the Head of the Department. Once registered to do a Major in Geography, students will be assigned a faculty advisor. The role of faculty advisor is to help students in planning their academic program and to guide them through difficulties they may have.
It is preferable that students declare their major at an early stage in their studies and that they take courses following the appropriate sequence: by following the levels and respecting the prerequisites.
Program Requirements (B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Students may complete a Major in Geography as part of either a B.A. or B.Sc. program. See the General Regulations for the B.A. and B.Sc. degrees as appropriate.
- All students who major in Geography shall consult with their assigned faculty advisor, or the Head of the Department, who will help them in planning their academic program. For this purpose, it is essential that students declare their major at an early stage of their studies.
- The Major in Geography consists of 45 credit hours in Geography
- 1050, or 1000 & 1001, or 1010 & 1011;
- 2001, 2102, 2195, 2226, 2302, 2425;
- 3222, 3226;
- Nine credit hours from courses at the 3000-level;
- At least 9 credit hours chosen from courses at the 4000-level;
- Further credit hours in courses at the 3000-level or above, to fulfil the required 45 credit hours in Geography courses.
- B.Sc. candidates must complete 15 credit hours in science courses outside Geography at the 2000-level or above.