Degree Programme Regulations
Details available in the current calendar for
- French undergraduate programmes
- French studies graduate programme
- M.A. & Ed. (Teaching of Francophone Literatures and Cultures)
- Spanish undergraduate programmes
French Major Program - Calendar error
Please be advised that there is an error in the print version (not the online version) of the 2013-2014 university calendar in section 9.12.1, French Major Program. It should read: Between their first registration at Memorial University of Newfoundland and the time of their graduation, all students majoring in French must have spent at least eight weeks at an approved Francophone institution in a French-speaking area or have acquired equivalent work experience in a Francophone environment.
In addition to degree programmes, the Department of French and Spanish offers opportunities to participate in programmes of study outside the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Frecker Programme in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
- Exchange programme with the Lycée d'État in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon.
- For Graduates, the Assistanat or Assistantship programme and an exchange agreement with the Université Michel de Montaigne in Bordeaux.
- Canadian Third Year in Nice (France)
- Winter Semester at the Université de Bretagne Sud, Lorient (France). In this one-semester exchange programme students can take courses in French literature and linguistics in their second, third, or fourth year of university. They are registered as Winter Semester students at Memorial University and pay Memorial University tuition fees. The deadline to submit applications for the Winter Semester, which are available in the department general office SN-4023 at the very beginning of each Fall Semester, is the preceding October 1 or the following Monday of each year.