Co-op programs in Science & HSS
Twelve different co-operative education programs are managed by the co-op office for the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
These programs are at the undergraduate and graduate levels and the duration of each program varies.
Information for Employers
Employers may post opportunities for students at any time in the four months prior to the start of the work term.
Except where noted, students are placed on an ongoing basis; there is no fixed match day. Employers who post early in the term have access to the largest number of students.
The student hiring process is as follows:
- employers submit a job description to the co-op office (including required skills/experience, location, payscale etc.)
- opportunities are posted on the co-op portal for students from designated disciplines
- eligible students apply
- the co-op office forwards an application package to the employers
- the employer decides which students to interview
- the co-op office schedules interviews at a time and location that is convenient for the employer
- the employer ranks the candidates and makes one or more offers to co-op students via the co-op office
- once a student accepts an offer the work term is confirmed
Our Co-op Programs
We welcome inquiries from employers and from students who are interested in learning more about co-op programs in the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Please refer to the links below for details or contact us for more information.
Computer Science (CIIO)
Master of Arts in Folklore
Master of Applied Psychological Science (fixed match day: contact us for details).
Master of Arts in Political Science
Master of Environmental Science
Master of Science (Scientific Computing)
Master of Science (Computer Science)
Student and Employer Profiles
Learn more about the benefits of co-operative education from the perspective of students and employers through our co-op profiles.