Town Hall with Prime Minister Trudeau
On Wednesday, October 21 at 8:00 p.m. NDT, Memorial’s President Dr. Vianne Timmons will host a virtual town hall event with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Natural Resources Minister Seamus O’Regan.
This is your opportunity as students, faculty and staff to be a part of this live Webex event. Twenty participants will be selected via random number generator to actively participate in the virtual town hall by asking a question of the Prime Minister. If you are interested in applying, please fill out the form below.
Deadline to apply?
- Deadline to apply: 11 p.m. NDT, Tuesday, Oct. 20.
When will I know if I’m selected?
- Notification of selection: by 11 a.m. NDT, Wednesday, Oct. 21.
What’s required of me if I’m selected?
- Participate in a technical check/rehearsal at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 21.
- Login to the virtual town hall at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday for the event that is scheduled to be live from 8-9 p.m.
- Have a working audio/video connection.
Will others be able to watch the town hall?
The town hall will be live streamed on YouTube and a link to the event will be shared widely by Memorial University on Wednesday, Oct. 21.
Am I guaranteed to get to ask my question?
We will make every attempt to allow each participant to ask at least one question during the 60-minute event, but please be aware that we may not get to everyone due to time constraints. Please keep your questions clear and concise to allow as many as people as possible the opportunity to speak.