single pixel
Menu One
single pixel
Menu Two
single pixel
Menu Three
single pixel
Menu Four
single pixel
Menu Five
single pixel
Menu Seven
single pixel
Menu Six
single pixel
Menu Eight
single pixel
Menu Nine
single pixel

single pixel
Facebook icon




What's New at the MHA

  • Plan of the Dominion Iron and Steel Co. property on Bell Island, Conception Bay, ca. 1901
    Large scale plan of the iron ore mines and tramway owned and operated by the Dominion Iron and Steel Co. at Bell Island.
    (Added April 3, 2018)

  • Eastport, Happy Adventure and Sandy Cove Agricultural Association Record Book, 1937-1948
    Photocopy of the Eastport, Happy Adventure and Sandy Cove Agricultural Association record book. Includes minutes of meetings, accounts.
    (Added April 3, 2018)

  • Sister Michaela Healy Collection, 1937-1988
    The collection consists of 321 photographs of Mary Healy and colleagues taken during three periods in her life - at nursing school in Montreal in the late 1930s; at Lester's Field in St. John's, Newfoundland and in various places throughout Europe when Mary Healy was a nursing sister with the Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps during WWII; and after she joined the Medical Mission Sisters and was named Sister Michaela Healy, taken between 1952 and 1974. There is also a small group of photographs of various Newfoundland communities taken in 1943. The collection also contains photocopies of newspaper articles, funeral programs, and a passport, related to Sister Michaela Healy.
    (Added March 29, 2018)

  • William Ashbourne Documents, 1904 and 1918
    William Ashbourne, Twillingate Profit and Loss Statement, 1918; Balance Sheet, 1918; 10 Cancelled cheques for 1904.
    (Added March 23, 2018)

  • Poole Parish. Overseers of the Poor. Rate and Account Book including ships and stock in trade, 1825
    Photocopy of a document titled An Assessment of the inhabitants, occupiers and others, of the Parish of Saint James in the town and county of Poole, for the necessary relief of the poor of the said parish and for other purposes in the several acts of parliament mentioned relating thereto made and assessed the 10th day of February 1825. Lists names of inhabitants rated, for what (reason they were assessed), names of proprietors, the yearly value and the sum assessed.
    (Added March 23, 2018)

  • Report of the Newfoundland Agricultural Board for the year ended 31 December 1912
    The third annual report of the Newfoundland Agricultural Board for the year ended 31 December 1912.
    (Added March 23, 2018)

  • Transcript of the Trinity Nominal Census, 1921
    Transcript of the 1921 nominal census for Trinity, Newfoundland.
    (Added March 2, 2018)

  • Hermitage Bay Marriage Register
    Photocopy of the Register of Marriages in the Mission of Hermitage Bay in the Diocese of Newfoundland, 1910-1922.
    (Added March 2, 2018)

  • Voter's Lists, 1948-1985
    Photocopies of the voter's lists for the districts of Bonavista South, 1948, 1955 and 1966; Bonavista North 1955 and 1966; Terra Nova, 1975 and 1985.
    (Added March 2, 2018)

  • Moss Diary 1832: Remarks at Battle Harbour, Labrador and transcripts
    Photocopy of the Moss Diary, 9 February 1832 to 7 September 1832 and photocopy of the transcripts of the diary made by Newton B. Morgan and published in Them Days in 1980-81.
    (Added March 2, 2018)

  • 2018 Heritage Calendar
    We are excited to announce our 2018 Heritage Calendar, comprised of archival images from our photo catalogue, is now available for purchase for $5.00 (CAD), tax included! All proceeds of calendar sales will go towards supporting the work of the Maritime History Archive.
    (Added July 12, 2017)

  • Public Photo Catalog Search
    Another 576 photos have been added to our Public Photo Catalogue, including the Phyllis Cameron Photograph Collection which contains images of the mill, buildings and houses in Grand Falls, Newfoundland, taken in the 1930s and 1940s, and Lady and Lord Baden-Powell's visit to Grand Falls in 1935. You can now search over 17,100 records of photographs from the more than 20,500 held at the Maritime History Archive.
    (Added January 25, 2017)

  • Commissioned Fleet Auxiliary (T 124 X) Database
    This database contains the names of more than 9,600 seamen taken from the T 124 X crew agreements of the vessel Sunhill, Official No. 104354. These crew agreements called "Agreement and Account of Crew-Commissioned Fleet Auxiliary" cover the years 1914 - 1920. This database is a work in progress with approximately 200 names transcribed monthly.
    (Added May 14, 2014. Updated July 19, 2017)

  • 1881 Crew Lists Database
    The 1881 Crew List Database contains the names of more than 344,000 seamen taken from the first 270 of the 358 boxes comprising all voyages ending in 1881. This is a work in progress with several thousand names transcribed monthly.
    (Added July 27, 2011. Updated January 15, 2018)



single pixel single pixel
single pixel single pixel single pixel single pixel single pixel single pixel
single pixel

© 2003 - 2012 Maritime History Archive, Memorial University