You may complete a Major in Geography as part of either a BA or BSc program.
Students who want to declare a Major in Geography should meet with the Head of the Department. Once registered in the Major in Geography, students will be assigned a faculty advisor. The role of faculty advisor is to help students in planning their academic program and to guide them through difficulties they may have.
It's a good idea to declare your major as early as possible in your studies. That will help you in planning the route through your degree.
Program Requirements (B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Students may complete a Major in Geography as part of either a B.A. or B.Sc. program. See the General Regulations for the B.A. and B.Sc. degrees as appropriate.
- All students who major in Geography should consult with the Head of the Department, who will help them in planning their academic program.
- The Major in Geography consists of 45 credit hours in Geography courses including:
- 1050 (3 credit hours);
- 2001, 2102, 2195, 2226, 2302, 2425 (16 credit hours);
- 3222, 3226 (5 credit hours);
- Nine credit hours from three other courses at the 3000-level;
- At least 9 credit hours chosen from courses at the 4000-level;
- Further 3 credit hours in courses at the 3000-level or above, to fulfil the required 45 credit hours in Geography course
- B.Sc. candidates must complete 15 credit hours in science courses outside Geography at the 2000-level or above.
- B.A. candidates must complete the B.A. core requirements. (CRW, LS, QR)