Experience life at The Works. As a student at Memorial’s St. John’s Campus, you are required to pay a recreation fee each term which will give you access to the largest recreation facility in the province.
Your recreation fee offers you Newfoundland and Labrador’s most comprehensive recreation package, and gives you access to:
- 200 metre, six lane indoor track
- hardwood volleyball/basketball court
- two synthetic floor courts
- fitness classes
- three student only areas: cardio, toning and weights & plates
Phys. Ed. Building
- three North American sized squash courts
- MUN pool
- Selected swims in the Aquarena's 65 metre, eight lane pool. Check the schedule to see what swims are open to MUN students.
- MUN students can get a 25 per cent discount on 1-6 month Aquarena Fitness Memberships (paid upfront).
Whether you want to become your personal best or just get in shape, these world class facilities offer a variety of aquatic, fitness, recreation and sport programs and services.
Schedules and more information on all the facilities can be found on The Works website.
The Works organizes a fun and fantastic intramural program for students during the fall and winter semesters.
Fall programs may include such sports as soccer, softball, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, road races, tennis and track and field.
In the winter you may participate in hockey, basketball, squash, and inner tube water polo.