The Sustainability Office
The Sustainability Office, a unit of the Department of Facilities Management, was created in January 2007, with the hiring of the University’s first Sustainability Coordinator.In April 2007, the Advisory Committee on Sustainability was formed. This committee provides a link from faculty, staff and students to the Sustainability Office.
The Sustainability Coordinator’s role is to:
- work with Memorial’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability (the ACS)
- determine priorities for sustainability initiatives
- develop, promote and implement sustainability initiatives
- act as point of contact for inquiries and input from staff, faculty and students
- compile information on current sustainability initiatives at MUN; and
- research sustainability issues and potential initiatives.