The Sustainability Office
The Sustainability Office, a unit of the Department of Facilities Management, was created in January 2007, with the hiring of the University’s first Sustainability Co-ordinator.
In April 2007, the Advisory Committee on Sustainability (ACS) was formed. This committee provided a link from faculty, staff and students to the Sustainability Office.
In December 2012, the Vice-Presidents' Council (VPC) established a new committee called the University Sustainability Committee (USC). More information on the USC will be posted to this website soon.
The Sustainability Co-ordinator’s role is to:
- work with Memorial’s University Sustainability Committee (the USC)
- determine priorities for sustainability initiatives
- develop, promote and implement sustainability initiatives
- act as point of contact for inquiries and input from staff, faculty and students
- compile information on current sustainability initiatives at MUN; and
- research sustainability issues and potential initiatives.