Welcome to Succession Planning at Memorial University! Succession Planning is an intitative of the Office of the Vice-President (Administration and Finance).
This site will:
- Outline the succession planning process
- Provide forms and tools for participants
- Discuss: What is succession planning? Succession planning involves an integrated, systematic approach to identify, develop and retain talent for key positions and areas in line with current and future organizational plans.
- Explain: Why is it important? Succession planning ensures Memorial University develops and retains employees necessary to accomplish the goals identified in the institution’s strategic plan. The succession plan provides ease of transition in filling anticipated organizational human resource needs. Succession planning is a transparent, inclusive process.
- Define the scope of project: The succession planning initiative is a pilot program inclusive of all campuses.
- Outline the role of departments: Departments have had a number of roles in succession planning including identifying key and critical positions, nominating employees as potential successors, and being aware of their human resource needs as related to the departmental goals.
- Update: As the pilot program is nearing completion, we are in a phase of evaluating, planning and decision-making.