Leadership Development Weekend
The Leadership Development Weekend (LDW) is offered to Level I HORIZONS students. This weekend will help develop leadership skills and give participants the chance to meet and socialize with other scholarship winners from across the province. Activities include outings to recreational facilities in the city, on-campus activities such as scavenger hunts and team building events, along with presentations and sessions that contribute to students’ leadership development and knowledge of Memorial University.
How can I attend LDW?
- Be a HORIZONS Scholarship Recipient currently in Grade 10.
- Fill out the Registration forms located HERE
What will I do at LDW?
- Attend a variety of sessions in skills development, such as leadership, team-building, networking, and communication.
- Meet fellow HORIZONS recipients.
- Explore life at Memorial University.
- Stay overnight and experience on-campus living.
- Apply skills learned and knowledge back to schools and communities.
Know the Benefits.
- Learned skills in leadership, team-building, collaboration, communication, and more.
- Network with fellow scholarship recipients and student leaders, as well as current students, staff, and faculty.
- Apply knowledge and skills learned back to individual schools and communities.
- Have an early introduction to life at Memorial University.
- Become acquainted with services and programs offered to current students.