The HIRE Supervisory Certificate Program helps develop supervisory skills in students who are aiming to be in leadership positions. Participants of HIRE will engage in a variety of weekly sessions that provides the skills to be effective supervisors and leaders, as well as being better prepared for employment opportunities. Not only does HIRE provide skills associated with being a leading person, it also provides the knowledge on how to be an effective employee. HIRE is offered through a partnership between Answers and Career Development & Experiential Learning.
HIRE is offered in the Winter Semester of each academic year.
What will I do as HIRE participant?
- Attend 9 sessions throughout the semester on different topics, including conflict resolution, time management, leadership, team building, etc.
- Develop skills in communication, leadership, management and professionalism.
- Apply skills learned to employment and future opportunities.
- Apply skills to other supervisory positions.
- Work with other students throughout the program.
What are the benefits of HIRE?
- Skills development in leadership, effective communication, management, and professionalism.
- Knowledge of diversity in the workplace.
- Preparation for both leadership as well as various employment roles.
- The chance to network with staff and students and build future connections.
- Increased preparation for the job market and subsequent workplace.
- Can be included as a Professional Development Seminar OR Leadership/Experiential Learning Program with the VIP Program.
- Can be included on your CCR.
Who should apply?
- Undergraduate and graduate students of Memorial University.
- Students looking for professional development and experience.
- Students looking to develop themselves for current and/or future workplaces.