Campus Card






Effective as of the winter 2012 semester, all students taking a distance education course will be required to present both their Memorial Campus Card ID and a piece of government issued photo identification to invigilators prior to writing tests and examinations.



  • ID: It's the only piece of identification you require to access campus and write your exams. It includes your name, student or employee number, library number, and photo.
  • Library card: It provides library access so you can borrow books, reserve material and to book study rooms. A library number is printed on the front of the card as a nine-digit number and as a barcode.
  • Photocopies: You can do photocopying with your Campus Card. After loading money on your card through a cash manager machine (click here for cash manager locations), you insert your card into the card reader on the photocopier and the amount is deducted from your card.
  • Laser printing: There are various laser printers located throughout the campus that are equipped with readers that accept the Campus Card.
  • Electronic door access: There are several buildings located on the St. John's campus that require the card for electronic door access. Access is granted by using the magnetic stripe or proximity technology of the card.
  • Food purchase: You can use your campus card to purchase food and beverages at Treats in the University Centre food court.


To get a campus card, visit the Answers office (UC 3005) or request your card online. Cards requested on-line can be mailed to you (Distance Education students and Alumni only) or picked up at:

St. John's Campus: At the Answers Office (UC-3005),
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:45 pm.

Marine Institute Campus: At the Registrar's Office (2106),
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30 pm.

Grenfell Campus: At the Student Affairs Office (AS-233),
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30 pm.

A piece of government issued ID (passport, driver's license, military ID) is required for card pick up.

Need a replacement card? Click here for lost or damaged cards.