Staying in touch with the community is a very important aspect of social work. This position ensures that there is a connection between the students and the community. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend regular meetings of the ASWS committee.
- Exercise voting privileges on the ASWS committee.Introduce yourself to the student body.
- Identify student/ASWS concerns - via appropriate communication
mediums (ex e-mail, class presentations, student newsletters, facebook,
signs in student lounge etc).
- Liaise and bridge connections between social work students and the ASWS committee.
- Report to the ASWS committee any community initiatives that would be of interest to BSW students.
- Liaise with community organizations as a representative of the students in the School of Social Work.
- Uphold confidentiality at all times unless otherwise directed.Other duties as arise and are appropriate.