Are you a community organization:
- With a project or problem that students could address?
- Interested in providing opportunities for students to learn in real-life settings?
- Willing and able to work with the university to reach curricular learning objectives?
We want to work with you to develop more opportunities for students in Newfoundland and Labrador social enterprises!
You'll benefit from:
- Increased capacity leading to potential to expand or strengthen programming/services
- Improved access to Memorial University resources
- Opportunity to mentor
- Opportunity to connect with potential future employee pool
Projects must be identified in partnership with selected organizations. The projects will be tailored to your needs of the social enterprises-community organizations, as well as tied to academic learning. The CSE Work Experience in Social Enterprise program encourages on-going reflection and personal development; therefore, at the end of each student placement, students are asked to give a presentation including a section on their reflections of their experience. In the past, this has been conducted in partnership with the community organisation. Presentations have also been designed as part of the student deliverables for their placement.
We require that our community partners ensure a suitable and safe workspace and supervision for the student(s). Depending on the work environment (e.g. in the case of work environments where students may be in contact with members of vulnerable populations), community partners are expected to provide relevant on-boarding for the students. Where possible, on-boarding may be done in collaboration with the Centre for Social Enterprise and discussed on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about collaborating, please contact us.