Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration in Aging
|Sponsor||CIHR & Partners|
CIHR Other: Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration in Aging
A two-stage application process will be used for this funding opportunity:
1) Expression of Interest (due May 21, 2013), and
2) Full Proposal (Upon Invitation Only - Due December 2, 2013)
The vision of the CCNA is to bring together the best of Canadian research in the field of neurodegenerative diseases affecting cognition -- supported by CIHR as well as by other partners -- in a collaborative and synergistic space to work on bold, innovative and transformative research that will ultimately impact the quality of life and the quality of services for those having to live with the effects of neurodegenerative diseases affecting cognition and their caregivers.
The overarching goal of the CCNA is to bring together the relevant Canadian expertise in all aspects of neurodegenerative processes affecting cognition in aging in a collaborative manner to carry out an innovative and impactful research agenda.
The specific objectives of the CCNA are to support a collaborative, integrated, strategically oriented, bold, innovative, transformative and highly impactful Canadian Consortium on Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases in aging having an impact on cognition in order to:
- Strengthen and synergize Canadian innovative and collaborative research;
- Become the Canadian hub for leading and participating in international research collaborations;
- Reinforce the international positioning, competitiveness and impact of Canadian research at the global level;
- Ultimately impact the quality of life and the quality of services for those having to live with the effects of neurodegenerative diseases affecting cognition and their caregivers.
For more information regarding this funding opportunity, including how to submit an Expression of Interest and Application, please visit: https://www.researchnet-recherchenet.ca/rnr16/viewOpportunityDetails.do?progCd=10407&language=E&fodAgency=CIHR&view=browseArchive&browseArc=true&org=CIHR
This funding opportunity was posted by the Office of Research Services.
Last updated: 2013-10-23 15:45:11