Relationship to other units
The Office of Research Services works closely with academic and adminstrative departments at Memorial to secure external funding for research. The Office of Research Services is responsible for Memorial's institutional relationship with:
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
ORS works closely with the Office of Collaborations and Partnerships, particularly with regards to the review and negotiation of research contracts and agreements.
The Office of Collaborations and Partnerships manages the development of research contracts and funding applications to:
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- The Canada Research Chairs program (CRC)
- The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency – Atlantic Innovation Fund (AIF)
- The Research & Development Corporation of Newfoundland and Labrador (RDC)
- Petroleum Research Newfoundland and Labrador (PRNL)
- Industry partners
The Office of Research Services also works closely with Office of the Vice-President (Research), Legal Council, individual faculties and schools, Enterprise Risk Management and the Genesis Group to develop and negotiate research contracts.