Exam schedules for the St. John’s and Corner Brook campuses are posted early in each semester.
Your personalized examination schedule is available through the Academic Information Menu of Memorial Self-Service.
- The Senate of Memorial University has approved Instructions for Students Regarding the Conduct of Examinations in Central Locations as well as Procedures for the Conduct of Examinations in Central Locations. It is a student’s responsibility to be familiar with the Senate-approved Conduct of Examinations and Invigilation procedures.
- A student is required to show his/her Memorial Campus Card ID in order to be permitted to write final examinations.
- A student is responsible for ensuring the date, time and location of an exam is correct. Exam locations may change up to a few days before the scheduled examination date, so verify your own exam schedule by checking it before the examination period begins.
- A student registered in an online course will be required to present both a Memorial Campus Card ID and a piece of government-issued photo identification to invigilators prior to writing tests and examinations. A student will not be permitted to write the exam if the invigilator does not find a match between both photos.
- For online courses, when “See Online Learning menu” appears in the location column of the examination schedule, information on the location of the examination will be available in the Online Learning menu of Memorial Self-Service (View Exam Schedule for Online Courses).
- Online exam proctoring is available for selected online courses at Memorial. Professional proctors utilize webcams and microphones to remotely supervise students during their exams.
St. John's and Online (Undergraduate) - Fall 2016
Grenfell Campus (Undergraduate) - Fall 2016
St. John's and Online (Undergraduate) - Intersession 2016
Grenfell Campus (Undergraduate) - Intersession 2016
St. John's and Online (Undergraduate) - Spring Semester and Summer Session 2016
St. John's and Online (Undergraduate) - Winter 2016
Grenfell Campus (Undergraduate) - Winter 2016
NOTE: Grenfell Campus Special Needs students who are registered with the Learning Centre are reminded that accommodations for final examinations should be arranged by contacting Lorna Payne.
THREE FINAL EXAMS WITHIN 24 HOURS: If you are scheduled to write three final exams beginning and ending within a 24-hour period, you may write the three examinations as scheduled, or you MAY request in advance to write a deferred exam.
The second exam in the 24-hour period is the one which must be deferred. You must make a request for a deferred exam directly to the academic unit in question. Note that some academic units have forms and deadlines for submission of requests for deferred examinations.
The dates for the examination period are published each year in the University Diary
For more detailed information on scheduling of final exams, applying to write a deferred exam, access to final examination scripts, and applying for a reread of a final exam, consult the Regulations governing Examinations in the University Calendar.