Procedure for Assigning Space for Retiring Faculty, Honorary Research Professors, and Professors Emeriti
1. A retiring professor may, at the same time that notification of retirement is submitted or honorary research professor/ professor emeritus status is approved, apply to the Dean or Director for continued use of space, describing in this request:
- the space desired
- planned use of the space
- departmental support services required
- relevant activities carried out during the previous five years
2. The Dean or Director will forward this request with his or her recommendation to the Vice-President (Academic) and the Vice-Presidents' Space Committee.
3. The Vice-President (Academic) and the Vice-Presidents' Space Committee decide on the future use of the retiring professor's vacated space. If ongoing accommodation has been requested, a decision will be based upon the availability of space together with the applicant's contribution to the University, the likelihood of continuing significant research, and the availability of space.
4. The decision is forwarded to the retiring faculty member along with the Director of Facilities Management.