PROCEDURE WHEN AN ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATION REQUEST CANNOT BE ARRANGED THROUGH INFORMAL CONSULTATION, FOR COURSES UNDER CONTROL OF A NON-DEPARTMENTALIZED ACADEMIC UNIT AT THE ST. JOHN'S CAMPUS
1. The student may ask the dean or director of the Instructor's Academic Unit, in writing, to review the requested accommodation and make a decision.
2. If the student is dissatisfied with the decision of the dean or director of the Instructor's Academic Unit, the student may ask the Vice-President (Academic), in writing, to review the decision of the dean or director.
3. Compliance with the time limits outlined in this Procedure is expected except in exceptional circumstances (see PROCEDURE FOR REACHING ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATION).
4. The procedures for the St. John's campus will apply where courses are not taught on the St. John's, Marine Institute or Grenfell College campuses.
5. When appropriate (see Appendix C of the Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities policy), students may present reviews in a form other than writing, e.g., audiotape.