PROCEDURE FOR LENDING VEHICLE(S) TO ANOTHER DEPARTMENT
1. Departments operating vehicles (owner department) who loan vehicles to other departments (user department) will be reimbursed on the basis outlined below. User departments will be responsible for the vehicle, classification of driver, etc. as detailed.
2. Owner department should turn over vehicle with corresponding credit card and log book ensuring that the vehicle is in good operating condition complete with equipment supplied. User departments will be responsible for oil and gasoline used. Repairs and repair/replacement of tires damaged by wear, other than normal wear and tear, will be the responsibility of the user department. If the vehicle should be involved in an accident, the user department will be responsible for the deductible portion of the insurance policy, if applicable, or cost of repair of the damage to the vehicle. The vehicle will be returned in good operating condition with a full tank of gas, credit card, and gas receipts and with the applicable mileage, etc. recorded in the log book.
3. The user department will also ensure that the driver of the vehicle has a valid driver's license and proper classification for the vehicle being operated, e.g. class 4 license for a minibus carrying in excess of eleven (11) passengers.
4. Vehicles purchased and maintained under grant funds would not normally be available for loan to other departments on campus. Extenuating circumstances could necessitate this provision being overridden.
5. The person to whom a University vehicle is released is responsible for:
NOTE: Under no circumstances will passengers be permitted to travel in a University vehicle unless proper seating and seating restraints are in place.