Procedure for Maintenance of University-owned Vehicles
Approval Date: 2014-12-01
Effective Date: 2014-12-01
Responsible Unit: Department of Facilities Management
1. Unit Heads will ensure that vehicle maintenance is performed within the University guidelines. Generally, minor maintenance will be done at the service stations authorized. Details regarding maintenance service are available from the Procurement Officer.
2. Under normal conditions when a vehicle is in the St. John's campus area, maintenance of the vehicle will be arranged as follows:
- The Procurement Officer, Department of Facilities Management, for vehicles operated through the St. John’s campus (709 864 4310)
- The Facilities Coordinator, Facilities and Technical Services, for vehicles operated through the Marine Institute (709 778 0341)
- The Manager, Facilities Management, for vehicles operated through Grenfell campus (709 637 6224)
If the maintenance is required after normal business hours or if maintenance is of an emergency nature, the user’s unit /grantee should arrange for the maintenance to be done and the applicable office noted above advised as soon as possible the next working day.
3. If maintenance is required when the vehicle is outside the campus area, and the usual maintenance service cannot be utilized, maintenance should be arranged and details recorded in the vehicle log book. If the maintenance required is not done at a garage where the credit card may be used, the work may be paid for by cash or other credit card. All invoices for repairs/service must record the University vehicle number and license number. Before any major maintenance/ repair work is done, the Procurement Officer should be contacted so that the problem may be discussed and a course of action determined.