Please Enter a Search Term
PROCEDURE FOR REPLACEMENT OF UNIVERSITY-OWNED VEHICLES
1. Vehicles used under normal operating conditions would be subject to the following replacement schedule. Exemptions to this schedule will be subject to review and recommendation by the Procurement Officer.
- Full size or mid-size passenger cars or station wagons, 130,000 km or 5 years.
- Compact and subcompact passenger cars and station wagons, 100,000 km or 5 years.
- Cargo vehicles - pickups, parcel or carryall vans and 4-wheel drives (less than 4540 kg GVW) 130,000 km or 6 years.
- Units over 4540 kg GVW usually have a longer life expectancy and shall be replaced depending on general condition. Such units would be subject to inspection before disposal is approved.
2. In certain circumstances where vehicles were purchased by funding from a grant and where the grantee, because of the use of the vehicle for field work, may prefer to retain a vehicle beyond the time or mileage when a vehicle would normally be replaced, the Procurement Officer will evaluate those facts in consultation with the grantee before making a recommendation regarding replacement of the vehicle.
3. There may be other instances where, because of specialized usage, certain departments may have authorization to replace vehicles on a regular basis outside the above listed guidelines, e.g. security patrol vehicles, maintenance vehicles, subject to above normal wear and tear.
Policies using this procedure: