PROCEDURE FOR FILING A PROTECTED DISCLOSURE
1. Any student, staff, or faculty member may make a Protected Disclosure, within 30 days of discovery of the Wrongdoing, to the Protected Disclosure Co-ordinator at the firm of Grant Thornton, who is not an employee of the University. To file an anonymous report, please contact the Confidential Anonymous Reporting for Employees (CARE) Program - 24-hours a day, seven days a week:
2. The Protected Disclosure should include the following information:
3. The Protected Disclosure Coordinator will respond in writing to the individual making the Protected Disclosure acknowledging the receipt of the complaint.
4. Within 15 working days of receipt of the Protected Disclosure, the Protected Disclosure Coordinator will determine if:
5. The Protected Disclosure Coordinator will immediately inform the individual who made the Protected Disclosure of the decision and the next steps, if any. The Protected Disclosure Coordinator will advise the individual who made the Protected Disclosure of the disposition of the matter.
6. If the Protected Disclosure Coordinator concludes there is a prima facie case of Wrongdoing, she or he will refer the matter for Investigation in accordance with the applicable university code of conduct, collective agreement, or policy and procedures.
7. The Protected Disclosure Coordinator shall monitor the Investigation and any subsequent disciplinary proceedings and will maintain appropriate records as she or he may deem necessary to perform their duties under the Protected Disclosure Policy.